Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR9k / suppressing log messages in buffer and to log server

startx001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Is there any config that can suppress messages that are send to log server ?

This config that i found suppress messages in buffer , but i need also to suppress messages that are send to log server . 

RP/0/RSP1/CPU0:Jan  7 15:12:48.496 UTC: ipv4_rib[1154]: %ROUTING-RIB-3-LABEL_ERR_ADD : Protocol bgp 65510(3) trying to modify the local-labelfor Table 0xe0000013, prefix x.x.x.x.0/24, protocol 3 has already added label 25044

logging suppress rule RIB_LABEL

alarm ROUTING RIB LABEL_ERR_ADD

!

logging suppress apply rule RIB_LABEL

source location 0/RSP1/CPU0

Messages that repeats like to also to suppress in buffer and send to syslog server also to suppress.

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:May  3 00:19:41.608 : devc-vty[182]: %MGBL-TTY-6-CONNECTION_DENY_ACL_ERROR : Connection denied by ACL

KR

VZ

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just a thought what about logging discriminator and block the messages that way then apply it to logging host for syslog , haven't tested it on IOS-XE but works on IOS

example might have to tweak it

logging discriminator TEST facility drops bgp msg-body drops %ROUTING-RIB-3-LABEL_ERR_ADD

logging host 10.1.1.100 discriminator TEST

Good Day Vinit 

The link is broke, another thing  Do you know what does the log mean ? and which commands I used to verify.

Regards

Vinit Jain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On IOS XR, you could try using logging supress duplicates. This config suppresses duplicate syslog messages 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios_xr_sw/iosxr_r3-5/system_monitor/configuration/guide/sm_c35/oc35log.pdf

Hope this helps.

Regards

Vinit

Thanks
--Vinit