cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP Flowspec ASR9901 support

vladdar1349
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, I have a question, have someone tested the BGP flowspec client on ASR9901 ? It's IOS XR 7.1.3.

I am correctly receiving FS prefix from remote FS controller but it is not programmed to hardware

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:asr9901#show bgp ipv4 flowspec

Network Next Hop Metric LocPrf Weight Path
* Dest:10.250.250.1/32,Proto:=17,DPort:=5000,Length:=588/136
0.0.0.0 0 64666 ?

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:asr9901#sh flowspec ipv4 detail
Fri Mar 15 14:49:26.701 GMT-1

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:asr9901#

Thank You.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vladdar1349
Level 1
Level 1

It was a probnlem with validation of a flowspec rule. I had to disable it and now it works.

Validate BGP Flowspec

BGP Flowspec validation is enabled by default for flowspec SAFI routes for IPv4 or IPv6. VPN routes are not subject to the flow validation. A flow specification NLRI is validated to ensure that any one of the following conditions holds true for the functionality to work:

The originator of the flow specification matches the originator of the best-match unicast route for the destination prefix embedded in the flow specification.
There are no more specific unicast routes, when compared with the flow destination prefix, that have been received from a different neighboring AS than the best-match unicast route, which has been determined in the previous condition.
The AS_PATH and AS4_PATH attribute of the flow specification are empty.
The AS_PATH and AS4_PATH attribute of the flow specification does not contain AS_SET and AS_SEQUENCE segments.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vladdar1349
Level 1
Level 1

It was a probnlem with validation of a flowspec rule. I had to disable it and now it works.

Validate BGP Flowspec

BGP Flowspec validation is enabled by default for flowspec SAFI routes for IPv4 or IPv6. VPN routes are not subject to the flow validation. A flow specification NLRI is validated to ensure that any one of the following conditions holds true for the functionality to work:

The originator of the flow specification matches the originator of the best-match unicast route for the destination prefix embedded in the flow specification.
There are no more specific unicast routes, when compared with the flow destination prefix, that have been received from a different neighboring AS than the best-match unicast route, which has been determined in the previous condition.
The AS_PATH and AS4_PATH attribute of the flow specification are empty.
The AS_PATH and AS4_PATH attribute of the flow specification does not contain AS_SET and AS_SEQUENCE segments.

Thanks alot for update us

Have a nice day 

MHM