cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BNG with FTTH Network

ali_engineer23
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working on access FTTH project and we plan to provide a triple play service to our subscriber, our technical plan was to provide internet service using a PPPoE connection with Q-in-Q by using per service per user per VLAN and IPoE for IPTV service and another IPoE for VoIP service but we faced one issue since the Billing system for Internet are separate from the VoIP and from the IPTV so we are having an issue with our commercial Plan since they wanted to block the IPTV and VoIP service when the PPPoE Internet service   expired and i fresh with BNG ASR 9006 configuration since i cant do synchronization between the three Billing system (Internet,VoIP,IPTV) can i depend on the CONTROL POLICY  to do the block    

2 Replies 2

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't know the answer.

You are probably authenticating the connections using RADIUS somehow, somewhere.  Is the RADIUS server able to return the necessary restrictions based on the subscriber?  Perhaps it can do a conditional check and only allow VoIP and IPTV if "Internet" is also active?

Have you consider using DHCP instead of PPPoE?  It will make your transition to IPv6 for the end CPE's much easier ...  You can use DHCP Option 82 for port authentication ...

Thanks philip

the Issue from RADIUS is how to correlate that first PPPoE connection for that user with his other two IPoE connection since the Mac address for each session is different.