cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I mix CRS 40G 140G line card chassis with 400g fabric chassi?

fly
Level 2
Level 2

Is there any document?

what's problem should I avoid?

14 Replies 14

osman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, the CRS-X MC system can support an LCC with 40G/140G line cards.

Please refer to the following document for some migration best practices:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/routers/carrier-routing-system/Cisco-CRSX-Intro.pptx

Hi,osman

Thankyou

Cu has 2+2 , I am not sure what are s2 card in FCC,  if cu has one 40g line card chassis and two 400g line card chassis, and one 140g line card chassis,

How can I connect them through two FCC chassis,  can I install 400g s2 card in two FCC chassis. Or I mix 40g,140g s2 card with 400g s2 card In two FCC chassis,and connect 3 different line card chassis to s2 card accordingly.

Thank you

tom

osman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The FCC will require 400G fabric cards for this to work.

Do I need confit something,just connect 40 g 140g 400g line card chassis to 400G FCC chassis?

for example, 40G or 140G line card chassis S1 connect to 400g FCC chassis S2 and. Connect to 400G line card Chassis S3 or 140G line card chassis S3?

is that right?

thank you

Tom

osman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Correct, the only requirement is to have the fabric cards installed before you add a 400G line card to the LCC.

thank you,osman

you mean , 400G S2 chassis can automatically detect speed to 40G ,140G,400G s13, but i found a problem.

if one 40G LCC S13 connect to 400G FCC S2, there is only for example,40G bandwidth, and the other side, 400G FCC S2 connect a 400G LCC chassis, the bandwidth is 400G,

if traffic go from 400G LCC hit 40G LCC through 400G FCC, there is congestion on 40G LCC?

thank you!

Tom

osman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We should not confuse fabric capacity (400G) with per line card bandwidth (40G for legacy CRS-1 line cards). We will not be sending full 400G traffic to a single line card at egress (40G).

Please review the slide deck that I provided and we can have a quick chat on the phone to clarify this.

I understand, If I design traffic pattern , I should avoid send 100G traffic from 100G port on 400G line card to a 10G port on 40G line card.  that is a design prolem , not CRS problem.

if i connect 40G LCC chassis to 400G FCC S2 fabric , 400G FCC S2 fabric can automatically detect 40G LCC chassis, and auto decrease channel bandwidth to 2.5G? i don't need to config anything. is that right?

osman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is correct.

Legacy 40G line cards interface with the CRS-X Fabric with 2.5G links.

thank you osman

if I update 40G FCC chassis to 400G

i know replace s2 with 400G s2

Do I need replace fibre bundle from OIM to LCC S13?

i mean optic fibre bundle(72 fibres)

osman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only thing that you'd need to be mindful of is to replace the Shelf Controller card with the SC-22-GE-B to support the CRS-X fabric. 

For full details on the PIDs required for the CRS-X MC system, please refer to the following page:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/crs/crs1/mss/16_slot_fc/install/installation/fccguide/crs1fccinstall/qfcappc.html

Thank you!

i will study doc you provide.

one more question.

i know LCc connect to FCC , there are two methods.

vertical and multiple module (horizon) on fcc

if all LCc chassis connect same s2 card ,same plane on FCC , I understand cell can be switched between different LCc chassis, but if Two Lcc connect to different s2 card on fcc(same plane), how the cell can be switched?

for example 9 LCC same plane s13  connect to 3 FCC s2 card (0,1,2 slot)

if 10th LCC , it must be connect to s2 card in slot 3,4,5

so the 10 th lcc connect to diiferent s2 card compare to 1-9 lcc chassis

may be I need more study on FCC switch fabric

osman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Yes, please review the document that I had referenced and focus on the section on the life of a packet. To summarize, there is a lookup done at the S2 stage to identify the correct S3 link to reach the egress line cards fabricq.

Please let me know if you have any questions on this after you review the document.

Hi,osman,

Thank you!

you are great

I know the detail about LCC chassis, but haven't found detail document of FCC chassis.

I need time to check  the document, I attend vform 2015 these days. i will study documents this weekend!

Thank you!

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: