Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco NCS540 scalability

szdorenko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, guys!

Maybe somebody knows where is it  possible to find the information about the scalability of NCS540-ACC-SYS platform (tortin 16G)?

For example, number of neighbours in EVI, number EVI, VRF, etc

I`ve just found some info in presentations, but even in different presentations there are different numbers.

I`m so confused

It would be great if somebody could help me with it

5 Replies 5

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The numbers will differ depending on what software revision and the exact hardware PID you have. Do you already have the PID or software picked out?

Do you know what scale you need? We don't typically publish scale numbers, but we can confirm if your requirements will be met or not with the PID/software combination.

Sam

Thank`s a lot for your answer!
I appreciate your explanation.

I have Cisco NCS 540 16G Series Fixed Router 24x10G,8x25G,2x100G PID: N540-ACC-SYS , VID: V02, IOS XR 7.4.2.
I`m interested in such parameters as :

- number of VRF

- VPLS VFI neighbors

- number of EVI

- number of neighbors in EVI

Is it possible to find out the scale of these parameters?

VRF: 1k

VFIs: 750

VFI PWs: 3k

EVIs:750

I cannot find a number for EVI neighbor, let me check on that.

Sam

prest86
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings Sam,

Thank you a lot for giving such helpful info. 

Two additional questions:

- How many vpls-neighbors of the one particular vpls-service can be in "active" state simultaneously, all that 3k? Or these 3k PWs mean the amount of the PWs available for the chassis at all? 

- 750 EVIs means can be created 750 EVIs and 750 VFIs simultaneously on the one given chassis? Or, these two numbers, actually, are the same pool of resources (mean if we've created 500 VFIs then only 250 VFI\EVI have been left)? 

Thank you in advance!

All 3k in use at once, it doesn't matter how many vpls-services they are tied to.

We measure scale testing in two modes, 1 dimensional or 1D and MD or multi-dimensional. The numbers I have shared are 1D so the scale may go down as you mix multiple l2vpn technologies but since we don't have numbers for MD testing and every network is unique I cannot provide the numbers for you. Most customers will setup a POC to test MD scale.

Sam