cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco StarOS on a VM [qvpc-di] ?

Ron Baduach
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All , (Hope i'm in the right forum, and if not, please move it to the right one)

We are now trying to install cisco StarOS on a VM [which i think called "dvpc-di"] 

We read the administration guide , and we didn't understand anything .

How do I created configuration file etc. 

Wanted to ask -

Did someone here ever did it ? or know someone who did ?

I wanted to know if I can have a little talk with someone who did it , that will guide me little bit on what should i focus in order to create 1 StarOS VM .

Thanks in advance !

4 Replies 4

Brent Crier
Level 1
Level 1

If only they would release StarOS for Virl to the public. From everyone that I have talked to at Cisco Live in Vegas. The developers won't give it up like a little kid not letting others touch their toys. 

Hi Brent ,

So if I understand right , from what you said , it's mean that i can't do what i asked ?

Ron,

I've talked to our Cisco account reps, sales engineers, a professional services engineer and stopped at the VIRL booth about obtaining a VIRL image. They all said the DEV people just wont give it out. No idea why they wont release it. Pretty sad if you ask me.  Some of us don't have the luxury to have ASR5k labs to test configurations on like some of the larger carriers do. But to answer you question. I would say it's impossible just very difficult. I wish you the best of luck and if you are lucky enough please let me know. 

-Brent    

Hi Brent ,

I'm working on Cisco

so , can you give me name of 1 or 2 peoples that you talked with , and maybe I'll have more luck because i'm working here ?

please talk to me by mail - rbaduach@cisco.com

thanks in advance ,