Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Staros/VPC-SI : LDP

I'm running a test lab in advance of getting it setup properly for the STAROS/VPC-SI software.

I've got it all installed great but I've run into a problem and cannot get around it.

I've setup a PDN context which will connect to the core network and it's on this I have OSPF/MPLS IP/BGP etc all running over.

All works fine but it will NOT establish an LDP neigbor.  I've wiresharked it and there are just no LDP packets coming from the interface at all. If however I move the config to the management interface then LDP packets are sent out so I know the config is fine. It seems to just not want to send them out of the SRC  interfaces for some reason.

Now this could be my lab setup (VMWare/GNS3) but just for sanity sake can anyone here running this VPC-SI confirm they are able to form LDP neighbors on the SRV interfaces? All the documentation confirms you can and the setup is very easy but I just want to confirm before I have to drag out some hardware and use that instead.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

after tacking this for 2 days I've just figured out what is going wrong about 5 minutes after posting this but I think it's a bug rather than a config issue.

it looks like it won't send LDP hello's if you set the router-id under the MPLS IP config to a loopback. It has to be the outgoing interface which doesn't make much sense?