cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Debugging radius accounting packets???

r-karamad
Level 1
Level 1

Our subscribers complain about their usages and their credits. The AAA contractor reports that the BNG (ASR 9K) sends RADIUS Alive packet with attributes of "acct-input-packets-ipv4", "acct-input-octets-ipv4", "acct-output-packets-ipv4" and "acct-output-octets-ipv4" equal to zero for some hours. After users get disconected from the router, BNG sends Stop Accounting packet with the real usage of the subscriber.

I want the BNG to send the value of the current usage ("acct-input-packets-ipv4", "acct-input-octets-ipv4", "acct-output-packets-ipv4", "acct-output-octets-ipv4") to the AAA server every few minitures to have the instatnt accounting of the users in AAA server.

I wanna use a verifying command in order to have the value of the user's account usage, according to this link "https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/77541/asr9000-bng-debugging-pppoe-sessions", the command should be "debug radius filter username", but it doesn't work for me!

please give me a true command for getting the reqiured information for an specific user (the information about the user's current accounting usage).

However, my IOS-XR version is 5.3.3 if required.

Thanks a lot for your help!

1 Reply 1

Aleksandar Vidakovic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no show command that reports the current accounting stats for a subscriber. If the interim accounting doesn't work, it would be the best if you would open a TAC SR to analyse this.

regards,

Aleksandar