Views
Helpful
Replies

% Invalid destination ipaddress - ASR9006

Sergio_Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning, Carissimos,

I need your support, recently I noticed that when I try to execute the "ping" or "traceroute" commands to a peer-to-peer IP address with or without source, I get this message "% Invalid destination ipaddress" as below:

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:IOS_XR#ping 172.16.36.54 source Bundle-Ether5
Wed Jun 20 10:49:09.140 UTC
% Invalid destination ipaddress
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:IOS-XR#ping 172.16.36.54
Wed Jun 20 10:49:13.342 UTC
% Invalid destination ipaddress
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:IOS-XR#

This is happening on the IOS-XR platform in version 5.1.3 of the ASR 9006 model.

Can you help me to overcome this?

thank you

Sérgio Garcia

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sam, 

attached is the one requested for the.

Thanks

Sérgio Garcia

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you share the configuration for the link on both sides, the show route 172.16.36.54 detail and show cef 172.16.36.54 detail?

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Sam, 

attached is the one requested for the.

Thanks

Sérgio Garcia

I apologize for the delay in responding, I was out of the office without access to internet. This error message typically indicates that the ICMP stack on the RSP is not working correctly or the IP address being pinged is not valid. As it is valid the former seems true.

To work around the issue we can try a switchover, however I also see that you logged a TAC case so will let you work with them.

Thanks,

Sam

Good Sam,

Thanks for the feedback, also open a TAC, and they also suggested the same, as it is a production equipment and loads many services, we are preparing an action plan to perform the suggested action so as to avoid the minimum of possible dowtime of services.

Then I will partill the results obtained according to the suggestions given.

thanks again.