Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS XR naming convention 4.3.2.20i.ROUT

Carlos A. Silva
Level 3
Level 3

Dear SF:

I'm being hit by a bug that's supposedly fixed in version 4.3.2.20i.ROUT.  SMU is not available on software download.

I'm already running version 4.3.2. Where do i get this 20i version of 4.3.2? What does it mean?

A

6 Replies 6

Alexei Kiritchenko
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Carlos,
if the bug is fixed in 4.3.2.20i that means the fix is in 4.3.2 official release.
What is the bug id and why do you think you have the same problem?
Regards,
/A

Thanks for your reply /A:

Bug is:

Help  | Feedback Feedback
OSPF sham links may come up incorrectly
CSCug59966

We hit it everytime. Now my question is more along the lines of: it says 4.3.2.ROUT (see below) is affected and 'at the same time' it's fixed on 4.3.2.20i.ROUT. According to your statement, whatever I download as 4.3.2 should already be fixed. So basically, I'm trying to understand what the difference is between the two and what that 20i is. Can you explain what that 20i is and how can i tell if i have it (or not)?

Known Affected Releases:
(1)
4.3.2.ROUT

Known Fixed Releases:
(2)
5.1.0.6i.ROUT
4.3.2.20i.ROUT

Known Affected Releases is manually filled in and looking at the bug history I see it was changed from 4.3.1 to 4.3.2. In any case it is less trusted (as manual) compare to Known Fixed Releases as this field is automatically filled and based on the real commits.

"i" means Internal Production Build.
Internal builds always have format xx.yy.zz[ww(i)]. So very first 4.3.2 internal build was 4.3.2.i1
The bug fix went into build 20, 4.3.2.20i.
CCO-posted version is the latest internal build where the build number field gets dropped or set to [00] and hence all fixes from x.y.z.# are included in CCO releases x.y.z
Just for you information, the latest internal build was 4.3.2.33I and hence the CCO 4.3.2 = 4.3.2.33I.
Regards,
/A

Thank you very much for the thorough answer, /A. 

Just so I don't misunderstand: from what you're saying I gather that 4.3.2 on CCO a couple of months ago might not be the same as today? Is this correct?

Regards,

c.

No, it is the same. once it is published there are no more new internal builds and 4.3.2.33I in the last one which was published on CCO since the beginning. Any new updates for 4.3.2 are delivered using SMUs only.

Regards,
/A

Great to know. Now the problem is: why is the bug still there and why is there no SMU.

Let's see what TAC has to say about it.

Thank you very much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: