Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS-XR XRv

feene1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Looks like the release notes for 4.3.2 indicate an upcoming download for XRv (XR4U?).  4.3.2 is available for download now for ASR9000 and CRS.  Anyone know when we might see a download for XRv?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4.3/general/release/notes/reln_432a9k.html#concept_15579287A4DE44C58EE16FD3399AB0C8

It will be nice to have a couple of these VMs running in a lab.

66 Replies 66

That is not a feature we have tested or verified. Often being a platform, we get PI functionality for free (at least the control plane aspect) and sometimes we have to add the CLI and package it in - this looks like the latter case.

I can add it to future features requests - but I know that won't help you right now.

HTH,

Rich Wellum

Weeeell if you added NAT64/DNS64 and 6RD that would be awesome :-)

I've got to present an alpha of the course in december :-)

Otherwise I'm thinkinf of Cisco OUI but I've got to investigate (licence/feasiblity)

Hello Richard, I think I might go to CSR1000v that seemingly presents all the features I'd need. Are you aware with licencing issues I could meet for educationnal purpose using the 60 days eval of CSR1000v please?

Thanks again!

Yes if you are unconcerned with which OS version (XE rather than XR) then that might be a good idea. Sorry I can't help you specifically with the licensing question - but I do know a lot of people use the 60-day eval for education and training - so I suspect you will be fine. Might want to ask the appropriate forum though.

I'll make sure these features get added to our roadmap. However you won't get anything by December.

Thank you Richard !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: