Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS-XR XRv

feene1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Looks like the release notes for 4.3.2 indicate an upcoming download for XRv (XR4U?).  4.3.2 is available for download now for ASR9000 and CRS.  Anyone know when we might see a download for XRv?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4.3/general/release/notes/reln_432a9k.html#concept_15579287A4DE44C58EE16FD3399AB0C8

It will be nice to have a couple of these VMs running in a lab.

66 Replies 66

It says it requires a service contract. Can you tell me how I can avail myself of this software?

vinay_verma80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just sawIOS  XR 5.1.1 is out but, their is no details XR4U for genral Public. any guess ?

Bradley Edgeworth had post a link to 5.1.1 XRv.

amirtahir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just wondering how we could use this file....will normal VM will run it or we have to do something else with it?

what is Memory requirment for it?

Regards

Amir

For memory (RAM) the minimun recomended are 3 Gigs with a Max of 8 Gigs (per VM)

Best regards,

Sergio

This document shows you how to use the files on ESXi and QEMU:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-39939

Official release notes provide information as well:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/ios_xr_sw/iosxr_r5.1/general/release/notes/reln-xrv.html

Intro to IOS XR Technical Workbook is here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-39962

Thank you Bradley!!

In given document, there is no instructions how to connect two XRv routers in ESXi env.

do we have to use virtual switch to do it?

Thank you for your help and support in advance

Regards

Amir

Hello Amir,

Yes you would use a virtual siwtch to connect 2 XRvs between themselves.

Best regards,

Sergio

Thank you Sergio!!!

on server i could create 4 Gig interfaces "E1000" but when i load it on laptop, I could see only 2 of them.

first one is bridge and rest of them are host only...... how to get 4 Gig interfaces?

RP/0/0/CPU0:LAB#sh run
Mon Feb 10 19:56:57.527 UTC
Building configuration...
!! IOS XR Configuration 5.1.1
!! Last configuration change at Mon Feb 10 19:56:10 2014 by cisco
!
hostname LAB
interface MgmtEth0/0/CPU0/0
shutdown
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0/0
ipv4 address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.252
load-interval 30
!
end

RP/0/0/CPU0:LAB#

Hi Amir,

What hypervisor are you using your laptop? If you are using VMware, verify in the .vmx file that all of the interface are set to E1000. I have 8 interfaces up and running on my Mac using VMware Fusion.

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

HI Harold,

I was away last week. I am using VMworkstation 9 on my laptop. I will give a try today and will get back to you

Thank you for your help and support

Regards

Amir

Hello Amit

Are you still facing any issues

Regards,

Vinit Jain

Thanks
--Vinit

Harold,

I have a single machine running xrv on my Mac also, did you manage to hook it up to another machine ? If so are you able to share how?

TIA

/Samir 

Hi Samir,

Are you asking whether it is possible connecting it to another XRv VM running on your Mac? If so the answer is yes. These two VMs share the same virtual interfaces and can communicate through those.

If you were referring to having the XRv instance running on your Mac connecting to a physical device outside of your Mac, the answer is also yes. You would need to configure the XRv VM with a bridge interface to let it communicate with devices sitting outside of you Mac.

Hope this helps,

Harold

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Thanks a million Harold

I was indeed after 1st option. Will snoop around and try to get it work, it will be awesome to be able to test few things in a safe environment.

Many thanks again !

/Samir

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: