Views
Helpful
Replies

Log Line Card A9K-40GE-L

pefernandezc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I need to help for a log in the ASR9K. When I insert the line card A9K-40GE-L shows the following log:

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:ios(admin)#LC/0/4/CPU0:Apr 25 21:03:44.911 : ETHER_CTRL[156]: %PLATFORM-ETHER_CTRL-3-IF_OPERATION_FAIL : sending set PHY to FCA, port 33, error code 'fca' detected the 'warning' condition 'An unknown error occurred'

I inserted the linecard A9K-40GE-L in other slot but the log persist.

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:ios(admin)#LC/0/5/CPU0:Apr 25 07:03:11.618 : ETHER_CTRL[156]: %PLATFORM-ETHER_CTRL-3-IF_OPERATION_FAIL : sending set PHY to FCA, port 33, error code 'fca' detected the 'warning' condition 'An unknown error occurred' 

I don't know what this message means or if this is normal. Anyone know what it means. Thanks

Regards

3 Replies 3

Ivan Krimmel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Paul,

we saw a couple of these here in TAC, but they were transient in nature and did not cause other problems apart from the messages themselves.

I suppose the LC comes up and works properly?

do you see any fresh files under harddisk:/dumper ?

Cheers!

Hi Ivan

Thanks for your answer. This Line Card is not yet in produccion but soon it will be. This means that the line card will function correctly? There is any way of the eliminate these logs for example a SMU?.

This could cause problems with our client because we do not know how explain the message origen and this message is

unacceptable to them. You recommend open a case TAC? which has been the experience with the other cases or if we require to make a DOA for this LineCard. Thanks for your time.

Regards

Hi Paul,

the experience was that this message popped up once upon power-on/insertion, then the LC was working flawlessly. As I said, if there're no fresh files in harddisk:/dumper related to this LC, if it shows "XR RUN" in 'sh platf', then most likely it is a transient message which will not affect forwarding.

Are you seeing these messages continuesly or just once upon insertion? any other strange messages surrounding this one?

Before going live, I suggest you to test the LC by putting some traffic via it just to confirm, it is a generic practice though.

HTH,
Ivan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: