cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netconf with ncclient for IOS XRv9k not working for Interface Config

pgyogeshkumar
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to change interface IP address using ncclient via netconf and the config which I am trying to do is as below.

Please help here to get the IP changed using ncclient for the interfaces in IOS XRv9k

"""<config>
    <interface-configurations xmlns="http://cisco.com/ns/yang/Cisco-IOS-XR-ifmgr-cfg">
<interface-configuration>
    <active>act</active>
    <interface-name>GigabitEthernet0/0/0/0</interface-name>
     <addresses>
      <primary>
       <address>3.3.3.3</address>
       <netmask>255.255.255.252</netmask>
      </primary>
     </addresses>
    </ipv4-network>
   </interface-configuration>
  </interface-configurations>
    </config>
    """

However it ends up throwing below error message:

ncclient.operations.rpc.RPCError: {'type': 'protocol', 'tag': 'unknown-namespace', 'app_tag': None, 'severity': 'error', 'info': '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><error-info xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0" xmlns:nc="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0">\n <bad-element>close</bad-element>\n <bad-namespace>urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0</bad-namespace>\n </error-info>\n ', 'path': None, 'message': None}

4 Replies 4

pgyogeshkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Will be helpful if some early discussion started on this thread

pgyogeshkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Somehow managed to get config data of interface and to modify.

However require your help in sending the correct request format for Get operation in IOS XRv9k please. Like Get interface state etc. 

Please help here in responding to this thread

pgyogeshkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Please help with the get operations in netconf for XRv9K.

I am using ncclient. Please help for sample filters with which I can get interface statistics output. Request someone to please reply / respond to this thread

pgyogeshkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, can someone help to get the operational data of interface or the device using ncclient please