Replies

Running configuration backup

Marks Maslovs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As I understand for running config backup I should use such command:

configuration commit auto-save filename ftp://asrbck:asrbck@11.11.11.11/ASR9k-1

Yes, it works indeed, the running configuration is copied to the ftp server, but the problem is that old configuration file on the ftp is overwritten.

I am wondering is it possible to configure asr such way, that it would create config backup files with different names? For example, adding current date and time to name of the file. (ASR9k-1_05_09_2012_09_34_20)

Thank You in advance!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Alexei Kiritchenko
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marks,

Unfortunately ASR won’t do auto naming.

As a possible workaround you may have a script on a server renaming such files when they arrive.

If the goal is to know what got changed, you can use “show configuration rollback changes….” and if needed to go back in time use “rollback configuration…” without a need to safe full config every time.

Regards,

/A

View solution in original post

yes, it is persistent through reloads.

Regards,

/A

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Alexei Kiritchenko
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marks,

Unfortunately ASR won’t do auto naming.

As a possible workaround you may have a script on a server renaming such files when they arrive.

If the goal is to know what got changed, you can use “show configuration rollback changes….” and if needed to go back in time use “rollback configuration…” without a need to safe full config every time.

Regards,

/A

Hi Alexei,

Thank You very much for Your response!

I believe that we will use script to rename files.

By the way, in case of asr restart will history of config. changes be available for show configuration rollback changes... and

rollback configuration… commands?

yes, it is persistent through reloads.

Regards,

/A

That's great! Thank You!