Views
Helpful
Replies

XR- BGP conditional route injection

darshakpp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I  need to implement the conditional route injection features in the network. I  found the feature available and working in IOS. But i need this in  IOS-XR (12404/ASR9k). Cisco feature navigator lists the feature  availability in version 4.2.0. But Im unable to find the same  (advertise-map exist/non-exist map)

Im i missing something here? Do we have any thing else in IOS XR which can achieve this? Please help!

Regards,

Darshak

18 Replies 18

Hello, 

For the cloud scrubbing use case described above, I have several service provider accounts that need this functionality. This is working in Juniper and IOS, but not available in XR, which is a huge limitation for this platform. 

hi david,

the use case is definitely understood. it is missing the business case at the moment. the BGP development team has a running pipeline with important functionalities requested already. We want to do this, but it needs to be prioritized and scheduled in between other requests, this simple because the work is not minimal for this unfortunately.

I would want to recommend to connect with your account manager and or systems engineer at cisco and have them attach your case to the ddts mentioned above. the more names I have attached to it, the easier it will be to get it going in the right direction...

regards

xander

Is this feature out yet on XR?

Piperflyer
Level 1
Level 1

We have a use-case for this as well where we would like to originate a default route only if BGP sessions to transit peers are up.