cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
seek_1992
Beginner

XR route-policy match interface

Hi all

I wonder if IOS XR route-policy has match statement for interfaces like route-map in regular IOS.

route-map TEST permit 10

match interface loopback0

IOS XR:

route-policy TEST

if interface LOOPBACK0

pass

I know that we can match based on the IP address, however, I want to match based on the interface in order to keep RPL integrity when the interface IP address has changed.

Regards

Seek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
smilstea
Cisco Employee

What does match interface do? Match the next-hop or source or destination?

We do not have the ability to match interface in XR, you would need to match the next-hop, source, or destination IP address or subnet.

Sam

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
smilstea
Cisco Employee

What does match interface do? Match the next-hop or source or destination?

We do not have the ability to match interface in XR, you would need to match the next-hop, source, or destination IP address or subnet.

Sam

View solution in original post

Elvin Arias
Beginner

I would say that doing matching based on the interface is only useful with NAT applications using route-maps, for routing-based policies, is better to be explicit by using references of prefix-lists, for example.

The Route Policy Language (RPL) in IOS-XR doesn't allow this, and you must always use other type of references. This doc can help as an intro to RPL, https://community.cisco.com/t5/service-providers-documents/asr9000-xr-understanding-and-using-rpl-route-policy-language/ta-p/3117050.

HTH,

Elvin
Content for Community-Ad