cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Poly 5200 UC and Office issues with 8851's

jherlitzke
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer that is all 8851 phones, and they wanted a small headset that they can wear all day and not over the head.  We opted for the 5200 UC and 5200 Office sets.  We continue to have lots of issues with call quality with them.  Even though they work perfectly when having a teams call through the computer.

5200 Office we are using the hookswitch cable from base to 8851, USB to computer.  Verified with Poly that we have the proper hookswitch cable and the base has the correct settings selected.

5200 UC, we found best so far to take the USB dongle and plug into the side of the 8851 and then bluetooth to computer.  IF they just use the dongle in the phone, calls are ok, but still not perfect.

We have updated firmware, verified all settings, verified 8851 settings, updated 8851 firmware, no joy yet.  I am just dumbfounded on why we are not having luck.  OR having select luck.  For example I took an 5200 Office and reset the whole works, reconfigured, repaired the headset with base, and user reports better call quality.  Replicate with another user and no joy.

Why am I struggling with these?  I offered client to buy them back to pick something else out and start over, but they do not want to do that yet, and hope to still find a resolution.  I am out of thoughts.

0 Replies 0