cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How To Change A User's Location In Control Hub

ebery
Level 1
Level 1

Sometimes individuals in large organizations change office locations.  There isn't any identifying means of changing a person location in Control Hub.  In order to change locations, you will need to modify and remove the current license for the person.  Then walk through the steps of re-assigning license and selecting the appropriate location and phone number for the individual.

2 Replies 2

Jeff-PCC
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently using RedSky (mixed bag). But, before RedSky I was adding tags to the Device(s) that has the Primary ext. the device location and the User's AD logon and Common Name (example: x5555 | R201-A | jdoe12JohnnyDoe ). You can also add the department the phone is assigned to. 
Relocate the phone, delete the Location tag and enter the new location.

This way I can easily search for any info under the Devices window in Control Hub without having to figure out if the profile is under a User or a Workspace. If I need to pull a quick look at how many devices are assigned to a department, I can now search by that department name. 
What ever is tagged can now be searched.

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

You should request a feature enhancement at Aha and it's probably already there. 

https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas