cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the most important aspect of the adoption methodology?

mollydubow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the Webex adoption methodology we have business drivers, the five pillars of success (leadership; technical readiness; use cases; communications; champions), and the measurement components. When you are driving change in your organization - which one is your powerhouse MUST have to ensure success?

What resources do you use?

Don't be shy on details! Tell us the story of how you were successful.

Response Signature

161 Replies 161

Rebecca Weir
Spotlight
Spotlight

Use cases are the most critical part of the adoption methodology for me, adoption is all about the people and how we can help them in their day to day tasks to be more effective, you can only find this out by talking to the actual users.  The 2nd most important is having a competent senior leader / executive champion who can help bridge gaps / roadblocks and communicate effectively

gabragui
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, during adoption process is critical to apply analytics, to show sucess scenarioswithin the organization. 

guothuan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good to learn, thank you for your sharing @mollydubow 

IvaanSalazzar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @mollydubow I think the most important is the PLAN , here a little guide to make a adoption plan 

https://blog.webex.com/team-collaboration/5-simple-ways-to-drive-webex-adoption/

regards!

shivamborane
Level 1
Level 1

You are the best 

thomasguz
Level 1
Level 1

All considerations I've read are very interisting; there's an element though which I haven't found about in any post, which is: how do you monitor adoption and user satisfaction?

Webex Control Hub has plenty of statistics of usage, but has anyone thinked about which numbers are most significant to affirm that adoption is producing desired effects?

I personally leverage the feedback-meeting tool so that user can vote the meeting experience (1>5 stars), is there anything else/similar which is worth looking into, in your opinion?

malbaiti1
Level 1
Level 1

we need more Use cases.
with more detailed level

oorkut
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I love how intrinsically these courses try to teach us how to be an advocate of adoption - it taught me the methodology to actually crunch the numbers to see the effectiveness of an adoption process. 

OO

berkecan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All aspects mentioned are fundamentals of a Successful adoption.

However, I would say leadership is what would allow others elements to be enabled.

JCHirst
Level 1
Level 1

Driving communication is the most important to me. People do not like when you spring change on them. Using the communication plan talked about in the training is a great way to ensure you know the purspose behind your role out and how it can impact others positvely

Don't spend time trying to nail jello to the wall.

victorhguidini
Level 1
Level 1

Technical Preparation is quite key, but everything is really important

Peter Barta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would say that all of those 5 pillars are extremly important, they all complete, supply and support each other and one cannot live without the another.  

av-guy21
Level 1
Level 1

Having SMEs and really know and are comfortable with the various platforms that are included 

jattuso
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In my experience, there needs to be an emphasis of having a top down and bottom up approach. There needs to be an executive sponsor who will help promote the platform internally, while also generating excitement and adoption and the user level. 

aassharm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use cases and Technical Preparation is the key for me.

Francisco Zicre
Level 1
Level 1

From personal experience you need to prove to the user that this collaboration tool is the best for our workspaces.
We need good communication, great leadership and have something for everyone. For example, Integrations/bots for power users. Show them you can do pretty much what you want without getting out of Webex.
In our company, we use email less and less. The same with phone calls, but to get to this step you need first to teach the users that they can do better with less effort, they eventually reduce bad habits in the process.
So overall evey pillar is important at the right time.

James McMichael
Level 1
Level 1

The key pillar I find for ultimate success is the Champions, without them your message doesn't get as much penetration. This extends to anything, Webex or otherwise. Once you have a core group of advocates on your side you can spread that positive message across the organisation, though you do have to remember to keep them on side and listen to their experience and feedback (an advocate can switch sides easily if you let them).

As for resources, for Webex adoption I find that Quick Reference guides can be very helpful, and getting users directed to help.webex.com. Team that with cluing up the frontline support with information about the product and how it integrates with the specific customer and you can help to drive adoption easier due to the less pain in switching technology or introducing the technology.

jfeichtn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think the most important aspect would be the five pillars of success. Each pillar is applicable in almost any organization's adoption strategy. 

James Feichtner

rajsara09
Level 1
Level 1

For me the first  word come to mind communication

Tomsen85
Level 1
Level 1

It is a really good idea to have use cases that are close to the people you are helping out. Probably well invested time to make the use case as relevant as possible from case to case.

cvanitterbeeck
Level 1
Level 1

The communication channels should be smart ... avoid emails, and make some rewards and challenges to make learning and use fun ... people loves to be challenged.

Use the intranet or display screens you might have in the company like during the lunch

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.