cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the most important aspect of the adoption methodology?

mollydubow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the Webex adoption methodology we have business drivers, the five pillars of success (leadership; technical readiness; use cases; communications; champions), and the measurement components. When you are driving change in your organization - which one is your powerhouse MUST have to ensure success?

What resources do you use?

Don't be shy on details! Tell us the story of how you were successful.

Response Signature

161 Replies 161

jonpauley
Level 1
Level 1

Communication is the must have pillar in most of the organizations I've helped deploy.  Making sure that all the users understand the platform and providing good training on the easiest way to use the solution is critical to adoption.  If they don't know how to use it, they won't.

The "technical readiness" aspect is a big part for us, as we use an internal technical team and an external core network management team to help check and ensure that all components are in order when adopting new products and services for customer based deployments. Along with other details outlined we are currently looking at how we make better use of this model to outline plans smoother adaptation 

mgarretson
Level 1
Level 1

I feel like having champions inside our organization help to spread the word on new technology and give others their "why" which is very helpful to push adoption forward.

shane.brighton
Level 1
Level 1

For me business drivers are the powerhouse must have. Without the why questions answered through proper requirements gathering we cannot deliver business value from a project. Getting buy in from the business is critical to successful adoption.

andrewovereem
Level 1
Level 1

Leadership and have some form of Continuous Improvement in the lifecycle of the product in your organization. Without engaging your users periodically to determine pain points or bringing organization or team-specific use cases to light can cause either knowledge to go siloed or issues to fester causing users to leave the platform.

dlamma
Level 1
Level 1

Communication for sure! I feel like everything starts with solid, clear, and concise communication! Setting the expectations right off the bat is important in seeing implementations go through.

David Lamma

kristinhansen
Level 1
Level 1

I find that communication is the most important. Good communication to leadership helps get the to buy in and possibly become a champion for the project or work. 

jokazaki
Level 1
Level 1

Communication is key to a successful implementation.  We all work have those key players within our organizations, bring them in as product champions to help assist you, it will ease your deployment.   

edgarhs
Level 1
Level 1

Must be Leadership and know-how talk not agressive

mparra.fusionet
Level 1
Level 1

Technical Readiness and BUsiness Buy-in, the first one makes it happen and the second one will force the users to use what adoption can't accomplish if not done right

ypan2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think the 5 aspects are all important , but the one must have to ensure success first should be leadership 

When I am driving change in my organization, the Communications pillar is my powerhouse must have to ensure success.  When rolling out new Webex features, or updating the organization to future changes - communication is vital to ensuring that everyone in the organization is on the same page.  

In my organization, we use mass email notifications, custom knowledge based articles tailored to the organization, and the collaboration team is available to answer any questions.

Chad Dunn
Level 1
Level 1

For us, all 5 were important. We needed buy in from leadership. We worked with Cisco to make sure the app was working correctly. The need for persistent chat was our biggest use case. Communications were key in a successful deployment and our champions were pivotal in show casing the power of the app.

Asad Sarfaraz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Technical Readiness; for me being a DSM; a Technical Background plays a very integral role as we can relate and use our past experiences while troubleshooting issues for customers. 

elwalsh@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think showing clients the new features of webex and how they can help has gotten me passed the threshold of getting them to utilize the features more often.

hanzelc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I help drive adoption with my customers by first finding a customer champion...someone who is excited about our product, eager to learn, not afraid to ask questions, and willing to pass along knowledge to other users.  Once I have a point person to go to, I work on scheduling regular meetings and encouraging others at the organization to join.  We go over new features and I offer training and allow them to practice with the new features we've introduced each month so they are comfortable with it and can help others in the organization as needed.  Providing regular meeting cadence, drop in training sessions, and open communication has helped to keep Webex top of mind and ensure customers are always in the know on all that we're developing that sets us above our competition.

devnetjmt
Level 1
Level 1

For me Champions is the most importa pillar of Success. You can´t be anywere and they provide you with invaluable feedback

lewis.brown
Level 1
Level 1

Absolutely agree @mollydubow Use cases are very handy for getting those champions on board.

I work in higher education and many of the new users we deal with are academics that strangely enough don't love learning new things. It can take just a minor setback for them to write off a new platform all together and put it in the too hard basket.

We have found the technical readiness is a huge key to successful adoption of any new products.

When we are able to confidently answer questions and solve problems right in front of them it instils a great deal of confidence in the new users.
Feeling they have knowledgeable tech support when they need it is crucial to them taking the plunge. 

9 times out of 10 its just walking users through a new program layout that they aren't familiar with. Seems simple but making sure you have an understanding of where common settings people like to change are located in the menu structure can save lots of "uuumms" and "aaahhhs" and lets the user know they're in safe hands.

We used WebEx internally in our team before preaching it to the wider community so we could pair our personal use cases with technical knowhow. 

So far so good!

jczifra
Level 1
Level 1

I basically just clearly present the benefits of what they are using currently by doing a comparison of features etc.

The main thing for me is for the Customers to clearly see what the new product brings to the table in terms of efficiency in processes and new feature sets to give them the edge over their competitors. 

Zuriana Abdul Mubin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Totally agree with you Molly. 

Use cases are great where we can define the problems and we can demonstrate how Webex can help to solve the problems/issues.

StaceyPurdy
Level 1
Level 1

I have found the most important key to adopting anything is to have leadership buy-in. If your leaders are behind the new technology, then all the other factors fall into place. If the leaders don't care or aren't excited about it, then they won't help you drive it and the employees won't bother to engage.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.