Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure ACE bypass traffic from Servers to Internet

haducbinh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to configure Cisco ACE4710 loadbalancer to bypass traffic that is initiated from server side to Internet?

Are there any way to configure this, so that the loadbalancer will not maintain session for this bypass traffic to maximize throughput?

Thanks,

9 Replies 9

rodolphoxt
Level 1
Level 1

Haducbinh,

If I unterstand well your issue, the most sensible thing to do in this case is to create a Source NAT on Cisco ACE 4710 to keep all returned sessions from Source(Internet or Local Network) to your Destination(VIP) through the Cisco ACE, and too keep the defaul gateway of these servers directly configured to your firewall ou router with access to the Internet (The point here is not to have the Cisco ACE as default gateway).

In this way, you will have all incoming traffic from Client Side destinated to your VIP(And after your Phy Server) returning to the Cisco ACE (Here Cisco ACE and your Phy Server will speaking with no routing on the same subnet). The main goal of this solution is to have all initiaded traffic from the "Phy Server" going to the "internet" passing directly to your router ou firewall instead of the Cisco ACE.

This is the simplest and most effective solution, trust me my friend i'v been through many deployments of Cisco ACE with the same problem.

Best Regards.