Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 2102 point to point calling without SIP server

puneet_kandwal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am about to procure/propose two nos. of SPA 2102 for calling between two sites over IP network. I would like to know whether this equipments support point to point dialing or would require SIP servers for the same.

Thanks and Best Regards

Puneet

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Change Line parameters as shown in the figure below and configure appropriate phone numbers.

Regards.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Change Line parameters as shown in the figure below and configure appropriate phone numbers.

Regards.

Hi  Daniele ,

Thanks for providind excellent response and answer to my query...

With Best Regards

Puneet

Hello, I configured my ATA with Register "no" and Make Call Without Reg "yes" and the relative proxy IP Address.

I tried to place a call but it doesn't work and I expected to see the attempts on the "info" menu as last dialed number.

Do you have any idea where I'm wrong.

Thanks and regards

Alessandro Ghinetti

AlessandroGhinetti7845

There are other ways to configure the SPA2102 to dial sip uri phone numbers. I would try an alternative method to see if that solves your problem.

I would use one of the Speed Dial entries that can be configured on the User Tab for the line you are using.

In the Speed Dial entry (example Speed Dial 2) you put the sip uri phone number: userid@ip_address:port_number
Userid is the userid (alpha or numeric) configured on the distant adapter. ip_address is a local network or internet ip address at the distant location.

If the port number is 5060 you can either specify 5060 or leave it blank, otherwise it should be configured.

To dial speed dial 2 you would dial the single digit 2#. The # causes immediate dialing without waiting for a timeout.

Other configuration settings:

Retain the settings Make Call Without Reg: Yes and Ans Call Without Reg: Yes

The proxy settings are not used. They can be set for use with a sip server (voip service) if desired.

Under Supplementary Service Subscription Speed Dial Serv: must be set to the default: Yes

The dial plan should allow single digit dialing, although that may be built into the adapter.

Failed to mention additional setting on Line Tab -- Enable IP Dialing: Yes

Edit:  On further review it looks like this setting is only required for the manual (phone keyboard) dialing scheme.