cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Taking a picture while video call

edwin.ramana
Level 4
Level 4

Is it possible to take a picture during video call?

Right now I can take a picture during video call but the video freezes, the call itself is still running, the audio is still working.

If it's possible, can you tell me how?

Thx in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Edwin,

Button you pointed out in Screenshot, is  a feature called Snapshot for iOS device, which allows the user to take a screenshot and share it. If the consumer takes a screenshot and shares it (using the Use Photo button, or similar), the agent will receive a notification from the Remote Expert Mobile Agent SDK (Please refer to REM Developer Guide ).

You did not mention what version of REM SDK you are using, but it is possible that button will appear disable on older version if call was started in audio only mode.

Regards

Neeta

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

robdoyle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Edwin,

This isn't a tested feature of REM and I'm unsure of the outcome. You may get different results depending on which user (consumer or agent) is taking the picture, on what platform and with which picture taking software.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thx for your response, do you know what is this button for?

The button is disabled.

Untitled.png

Regards,

Edwin

Hi Edwin,

Button you pointed out in Screenshot, is  a feature called Snapshot for iOS device, which allows the user to take a screenshot and share it. If the consumer takes a screenshot and shares it (using the Use Photo button, or similar), the agent will receive a notification from the Remote Expert Mobile Agent SDK (Please refer to REM Developer Guide ).

You did not mention what version of REM SDK you are using, but it is possible that button will appear disable on older version if call was started in audio only mode.

Regards

Neeta

Hi Neeta,

Thank you for your reply. We are currently still using REM 11.5 (Cisco Remote Expert Mobile Developers Guide Version 11.5)

So, it's ios only feature?

Regards,

Edwin R

That is correct.

Regards

Neeta