Views
Helpful
Replies

Answer call with CTI Route Point and then redirect to CTI Port using Jtapi

posenthi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have an application where the external user will dial in using toll free number to the CTI Route Point and based on the route pattern it should  be redirected to a particular CTI Port ( Here for every meeting one CTI Port is allocated to support multiple sessions) where some meeting is already going.My approach is as follows:

In the callChangedEvent(CallEv[] events) I have the following logic.

for (CallEv event: events){

if(event.getID() ==TermConnRingingEv.ID)

{

((TermConnRingingEv)event).getTerminalConnection().answer();

}

} 

Now when I call to the CTI Route point it says line is busy(Here the idea is to route the call to the particular CTI Port)

Can you please let me know what is the issue here in this logic and if this approach is wrong kindly help me with the steps to accomplish this.

8 Replies 8

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Senthil,

Hope this url - CTI Route Point Redirect Disconnect will help you in finding the resolution.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Hi Geevarghese

I am very fresh in CUCM. Can you please explain me what is the real use of CTI Route Point and CTI Ports. I have seen some deployment uses CTI Route Point between CUCM and Cisco Unity. Is it really required CTI RP for CUCM and Cisco Unity integration?

Thank you

Abdul Rasheed

Hi Abdul,

The Route Point and CTI Ports behave like a hunt group. A call comes into a single number and is then handed off to another phone (CTI Port) for additional processing. This frees up the original number to accept the next call. For example, a call comes into 3000 (CTI Route Point DN). If the CTI Route Point has an available CTI Port, the call is handed off to that port. Otherwise the call cannot be handled. The CTI Port then handles the call and forwards it as necessary.

A CTI route point designates a virtual device that can receive multiple, simultaneous calls for application-controlled redirection. 

In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, use the Device > CTI Route Point menu path to configure CTI route points. You need to associate CTI route point with a directory number (DN).

Now if anyone calls that number which you have configured for CTI route point it should be forwarded to voice mail. so call goes to  Cisco Unity Connection, where you hear a personalized Opening Greeting, followed by a series of choices that you can select from. This is referred to as an Auto Attendant.

Many companies use Cisco Unity Connection  as an auto-attendant for incoming calls that comes to the CTI route point number which you have configured and , thereby allowing callers to be quickly directed to the proper person, department, or application, thereby decreasing the length of time that
users use a specific port.

Since you have asked for cisco unity in question Please refer

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unity/18891-multi-aa-unity.html

for related information.

Thanks and Regards,
Geevarghese

Hi Geevarghese

Thank you very much for explanation.

Best Regards

Abdul Rasheed

Hi Geevarghese

I understood what you explained in the previous post. But i have one doubt. This the same a hunt pilot/hunt list/line group does. What is the difference between distributing calls using a hunt pilot and CTI route point.

Thanks and Best Regards

Abdul Rasheed

Hi Abdul,

A hunt pilot comprises a string of digits (an address) and a set of associated digit manipulations that route calls to a hunt list. Hunt pilots provide flexibility in network design. They work in conjunction with route filters and hunt lists to direct calls to specific devices and to include, exclude, or modify specific digit patterns.

A CTI Route Point is associated with a specific JTAPI user ID, and this association enables Unified CM to know which application provides routing control for that CTI Route Point. Directory (Dialed) Numbers (DNs) are then associated with the CTI Route Point. For example when a call needs to be made to a DN that is associated with a CTI Route Point that is associated with a Unified IP IVR JTAPI user, Unified CM asks the Unified IP IVR (via JTAPI routing control) which CTI Port (device) should handle the call. Assuming the Unified IP IVR has an available CTI Port, the Unified IP IVR will respond to the Unified CM routing control request with the Unified CM device identifier of the CTI Port that is going to handle that call.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Thank You Mr. Geevarghese

Spoiler
Hi @Geevarghese Cheria ,
I am working on a CURRI (Cisco Unified Routing Rules Interface) and I am very new in it.
I have the same issue, I want to answer a call with CTI Route Point and then redirect to CTI Port using CURRI.
How can I achieve it?
I have CTI Route Port configured and it is associated with a DN in CUCM, what should be the next step, if call comes in and interface call action want to say UCM to route a call to that DN which is associated with the CTI Route Port?
Can you please help me on this?

Thanks.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: