Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot disconnect consult call via JTAPI

derrickgunter
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Cisco,

I've already opened case here https://mycase.cloudapps.cisco.com/693953508/summary, but they said I need to contact DevNet for this issue. Previously we purchased Developer support tickets via https://developer.cisco.com/site/support/ but this is no longer available. The problem details are as follows:

We are connecting to Call Manager via Cisco JTAPI and are running into a problem while attempting to disconnect a consult call that has failed.
The scenario involves a consult call made to a number that does not exist. JTAPI responds with CallCtlConnFailedEv as expected. Connection.disconnect() is then used to disconnect the consult call, which fails with "PlatformExceptionImpl caught: Could not meet post conditions of disconnect()".

The problem is reproducible. In order to narrow it down I have included 3 test scenarios, described below.

Call flow ONE:
- 4000 calls 4001 (GCID 34340).
- 4001 consults to non-existing 1234 (GCID 34341).
- CallCtlConnFailedEv as expected.
- Disconnect request is sent for 4001 GCID 34341 IMMEDIATELY.
- PROBLEM: PlatformExceptionImpl caught: Could not meet post conditions of disconnect()
- PROBLEM: Consult GCID 34341 is not disconnected until about 40s later. Seems like a defect.

Call flow TWO (identical to ONE except for timing):
- 4000 calls 4001 (GCID 34342).
- 4001 consults to non-existing 1234 (GCID 34343).
- Disconnect request is sent for 4001 GCID 34343 AFTER ABOUT 10s.
- WORKS: Consult GCID 34343 is disconnected immediately .

Call flow THREE (identical to ONE except in the opposite direction):
- 4001 calls 4000 (GCID 34346).
- 4000 consults to non-existing 1234 (GCID 34347).
- Disconnect request is sent for 4000 GCID 34347 IMMEDIATELY.
- WORKS: Consult GCID 34347 is disconnected immediately .

I've attached a zip of the JTAPI log as well as switch traces.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

derrickgunter
Level 5
Level 5

Based on the above information the problem appears to be a problem somewhere in the Cisco JTAPI library. Would any Cisco JTAPI engineers be able to take a look at this issue? Thank you.

Hi Derrick,

I'll take a look at this issue while we workout the support process with our TAC. I'll let you know if we need any additional info. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: