cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot resume audio after failed call-transfer

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've found a major problem when doing SIP REFER call transfer between two gateways.

Gateway A has a call (actually from FXS port) with gateway B, which runs CME.

Now gateway B wants to blind transfer this call, and attempts a call setup with callInfo(mode) set to redirect.

If the destination number is invalid, the transfer setup fails with ls_054.

That is fine but when re-conferencing the call to FXS port, there is one way audio, that is user on B cannot hear user on A.

That happens because in the early stage of the call transfer, gateway A sends SIP INVITE with SDP a=recvonly to B,

as confirmed by receiving  an undocumented event ev_suspend_ack, and never sends a=sendrecv to resume two way audio.

When this happens, the leg state is lg_005.

If the call to be transferred is between users on GW A, there is no problem, as in fact there is no SIP at all.

How a script can resume audio in this scenario ?

I have tried few things to no avail, including a new transfer request toward the original endpoint, but it seems that IOS still consider the leg in transfer state:

%SIP-3-BADPAIR: Unexpected event 27 (SIPSPI_EV_CC_CALL_TRANSFER) in state 20 (SIP_STATE_INIT_XFER) substate 0 (SUBSTATE_NONE)

18 Replies 18

Raised Bug  (CSCuv73176)  for this issue.

Thanks,

Raghavendra

Thank you Raghavendra.

For which IOS version you have issue is it 12.x , because from logs I saw below message.

User-Agent: Cisco-SIPGateway/IOS-12.x

Thanks,

Raghavendra

For which IOS version you have issue is it 12.x , because from logs I saw below message.

User-Agent: Cisco-SIPGateway/IOS-12.x

As mentioned before, the problem happen with any IOS version, and the traces were taken with the script running under IOS 15.1

The remote gateway was running 15.2 but that is immaterial, because the bug is in the router running the script.