Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

JTAPI and MediaSense and conference

Hi guys,

I'm using JTAPI events to monitor the event change and call connection details to "stop recording" through MediaSense phone number. But when I make a conference through MediaSense number with my agents held line to start the recording, all the event shows disconnected/dropped and call/terminal connections turns invalid. But the UI screen shows call is active with conference. Is there a chance if the conference is enabled with existing held line, to drop and join backs with conference and so the events show as dropped? I'm keeping the call/terminal connection details as a reference to stop the recording by disconnecting the mediasense line from the conference.

Answers appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The JTAPI Developer Guide provides some details (as well as event flows later on in the guide) covering how conferencing works: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/jtapi_dev/12_5_1/cucm_b_cisco-unified-jtapi-developers-guide-1251/cucm_b_cisco-unified-jtapi-developers-guide-1251_chapter_010.html#CUCM_TP_C81220A6_00

This section in particular seems to apply:

When you conference two calls together, JTAPI specifies that all the parties from one call be moved to the other call. The call whose parties are moved away and that subsequently becomes invalid gets identified as the “merged” or “consult” call. The call to which the merged parties move gets identified as the “final” call hereafter. When parties move from the merged call to the final call, the application receives events that indicate that all parties dropped from the merged call and events that indicate that the parties reappeared on the final call.

To correlate the newly created connection objects with the old connection objects, use the CiscoConection.getConnectionID() method to obtain CiscoConnectionID objects for all old connections and all new connections. Matching connections will have identical CiscoConnectionID objects when you compare them by using the CiscoConnectionID.equals() method.