Views
Helpful
Replies

Jtapi makecall application

sachinthaplus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am new to Jtapi development and I am trying to understand Cisco makecall application (get installed with Jtapi). It have not found a documentation regarding this and it seems complicated to me. I was able to make calls between two IP Phones with this app but it needs IP phones associated under the user which use to start the makecall (). It cannot make calls to PSTN since those numbers are not under the user Also it keeps making call until ^c press.

If anyone can help me to understand this or provide me with a simple app to understand makecall

Regards

Sachintha

7 Replies 7

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

You will find source code for makecall (java files) sample application in the install folder.  This is a sample application along with jtrace to illustrate the JTAPI initialization process.

You can remove the checks for in-service on called party, compile and use it to make calls to PSTN.

You can also use JTAPITesttool  (from Cisco JTAPI) to make PSTN calls.

Hi Mohan:

Sorry to hang onto this thread, but I´m new about dev forum and I like to know if I can possible to program with JTAPI a web phone that can make and receive calls without a computer phisic ip-phone (or Cisco IP communicator) register in CUCM, In other words, it's my WebPhone the program to register with the CUCM as "Generic Sip Phone."

Gr.

Third party call control (which is what CUCM JTAPI provides) needs special packages to be implemented by SIP Phone. Cisco IP phone has this package and third party generic SIP phones does not have it. So generic third party SIP phone can do first party call control but not third party.

Mohan,

Thanks a lot!.

Hello Mohan,

Did you know if External phone (PSTN) status like (answered,ringing,..) as i searched i found under javax.telephony.callcontrol.events i can know the events by doing some conditions like this

if (( mycall.getConnections()[1].getState() == Connection.CONNECTED))&&mycall.getConnections()[0].getState() == Connection.CONNECTED)

it works with IP phones only to know if the call is answered or not, but with PSTN its not working simply the condition come true when the phone in ringing status is there any work around for this.

Thank you

Mohamed

sachinthaplus
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Mohan,

Do you know where I can remove "called-part inservice checks" ?

Regards

Sachintha

You can start my commenting out lines 69,70 and 71 in makecall.java.

Change line 38 in Originator.java to

int                     receiverState = Actor.ACTOR_IN_SERVICE;

recompile and run.