cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not Receiving Disconnect Events

bhoover02
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue at a customer location where I'm not getting disconnect events for certain calls. The customer describes these calls as:

"This number goes to our IVR and they get to it by doing a Conference call on their Cisco phone to a hunt group that rings this 800 number."

I get call handle creation and call connected events (looks just like a normal outbound call to me) but nothing else. Is there some other sort of event I should be looking for in order to clear that call when it ends?

Thanks,

Ben

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bhoover02
Level 1
Level 1

I discovered that when a call that is in a conference gets disconnected it gets a LINE_CALLSTATE event with a state of IDLE. Non-conferenced calls get a LINE_CALLSTATE with a state of DISCONNECTED. So if I handle IDLE state the same way I handle DISCONNECTED state, it solves my issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mkhodosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ben,

We can take a look at CiscoTSP logs and try to find out if there events that are missing.  What kind of application is this? We may need a corresponding application logs as well.

Regards,

-Mikhail-

The application does real-time emotion analysis and word and phrase detection. I have attached the relevant Cisco log.

The example in that log is a call from extension 1952 to 18003901735 that connected at 9:22:41 according to my application logs. I never get a disconnect event for that call.

Thanks,

Ben

I see some events in the logs like

LineCallConferenceStartedEvent

LineCallConferenceEndedEvent

What TAPI events do these correspond to?

bhoover02
Level 1
Level 1

I discovered that when a call that is in a conference gets disconnected it gets a LINE_CALLSTATE event with a state of IDLE. Non-conferenced calls get a LINE_CALLSTATE with a state of DISCONNECTED. So if I handle IDLE state the same way I handle DISCONNECTED state, it solves my issue.