cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pulling MAC address from jtapi

EDWARD GAWENDA
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with a vendor that I currently have setup with an application user that is able to pull names and extensions from CUCM 9.1.2.  What they are telling me is they cannot pull the MAC address information from the jtapi integration so they can tie user to extension to physical phone.

I am not a programmer and don't understand what it takes to pull this information but is it possible to do such a query?

3 Replies 3

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use JTAPI to get the names of the devices.  With some exceptions, the device name is usually 3 letters (SEP, for example) followed by the MAC address.  I don't know of a way to directly access the MAC address for all devices with JTAPI, but you can use JTAPI to get the IP address and then use Java to get the MAC address from the IP address. 

Get Mac address in java - Stack Overflow

Using JTAPI you can pull devices from CUCM. To do this you need to create an application user in CUCM and assign devices to this application user. After configuration you need to write JTAPI application which will give you all the devices (provider.getTerminals() API ) assigned to your application user.

Regards,

Umesh

This is correct.  You getTerminals() and then for each terminal you getIPV4Address(), after which you use Java's NetworkInterface to getHardwareAddress() (the MAC address).  See the Stack Overflow link above for an example on how to use getHardwareAddress().