Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Python + zeep or suds

Hi, all

I am newbie in the devnet world.

I am finding some codes using suds and zeep to connect via AXL to the CUCM. There is any advantage to use suds or zeep or in end of the day, the result is exactly the same?

Best Regards

2 Replies 2

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I'm not a voice expert and anyway it's useless here because your question is for Python librairies.

To do soap requests, you need a client and birth of them are good. Suds is not anymore maintained since 2010. Zeep is quite new (2015 or 2016 if I'm not mistaken) and more performant soap client. Also zeep is compatible Python v2 and v3. Quite since zeep exists, I'm using it and not suds anymore.

At the end, the result will be the same but as you're starting and you may want to get high performance and go with latest Python version, i would go with zeep.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Daniel Ball
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry I haven't used suds, but I'm currently using ZEEP for a project. So far, the only issue I have had with ZEEP is that, on certain requests, it returns the entire object, and I get a huge list of fields that I didn't want or ask for. Not sure how that compares with suds, but... there it is. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: