Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPI Device Identifiers

tevans2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm in the middle of trying to implement silent monitoring.  Everything seems to be in place except for the identifier for the line I'm trying to monitor.  According to this page of the documentation, I have to pass "the permanent lineID of the of the line whose active call has to be monitored."  I've tried using the dwPermanentLineID from the LineDevCaps struct for the line I'm trying to monitor.  I've also tried using the actual phone number of the line as well for this value.  Despite this, I consistently get this error:

CSelsiusTSPLine::DevSpecific() [0x00000708] Unable to find line object: m_TAPIPermanentLineID=0x-------- (whatever the hex version of the number is)

I'm not sure what other possible identifiers I could use as this Permanent Line ID.

Are there any other possible device identifiers that CUCM would recognize to connect the monitor to the agent line?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks @Alex Stevenson!  I ended up finding out that the line identifier I needed was in fact the Permanent Line ID from the LineDevCaps struct.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Alex Stevenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @tevans2,

There doesn't seem to be much information out there regarding these device identifiers. Here are some resources which may help:

Hope this helps!

Thanks @Alex Stevenson!  I ended up finding out that the line identifier I needed was in fact the Permanent Line ID from the LineDevCaps struct.

Thank you!