cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPI Wave Playing Audio at Wrong Location

bhoover02
Level 1
Level 1

I have CUCM 7.1 and the TSP running on Windows XP. I'm trying to be able to play a recording to an extension using the TAPI wave driver. I downloaded the sample application "Cisco TAPI Sample Application Project" from this site and cannot get it to work as expected. The scenario is this:

I call a CTI port extension from one of my phones and the sample application answers the call and plays a recording. However, rather than playing the audio to the calling phone, the audio is played locally over the speakers on the PC where the TSP is running. Is this a bug in the driver or am I missing some configuration item?

Thanks,

Ben

3 Replies 3

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ben

Did you had chance to refer this doc -  Cisco Wave Driver

Note, the wave driver provides a way for apps to play/record audio via the standard windows MMIO wave APIs, but it is up to the application to implement code that does something with these APIs.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

I guess I don't understand. Is it possible to play a recording to a phone call using the TAPI wave API? Does my application require an RTP stack to send the audio directly to the phone?

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben,

I belive you are trying to stream audio into ip phone for that  i think you need to try waveOut function. For second question please  Refer  - rtp multicast streaming to cisco ip phones

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: