Views
Helpful
Replies

Status switch blocked

Ciscorudy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to all,

I am coming back to you because I have a new problem with my switch recognition in CBD.

It recognizes a lot of switches but some are categorized as blocked (Icon with a red circle in the topology). Could you tell me why and how to put them in Enable status?
And because of this they don't appear in the "Inventory" list.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ciscorudy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Thany you for you response.

The problem is resolve, I juste reboot the machine and now it's work.

Thank you 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Blocked means, this could STP loop in the network (this is just guess only)

can you post the screenshot for us to understand the issue.

check any port-security enabled :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/Cisco-Business-Switching/kmgmt-2944-demonstration-port-security-default-changes.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Actually this is due to the new Discovery Filtering feature in 2.5.0.  If you open up the network details panel, you should see a Discovery tab.  Have a look at that and see if you have entered any IP address ranges.  By default, there is no filtering applied, but if you set any IP ranges here, then devices that are detected outside those ranges will be marked as blocked, hidden from the topology and inventory, and will not be actively monitored.

Cheers,

Dave.

Ciscorudy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Thany you for you response.

The problem is resolve, I juste reboot the machine and now it's work.

Thank you 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: