Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot mark an image as "Golden" in DNAC

helenal
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone give me a clue?

IOS is available to select in the list, but when I select it as Golden, it says "Tagging" and the cursor spins but nothing happens.

The ios is verified and there is an empty star in the Golden Image column.

7 Replies 7

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The picture you attached looks normal to me.  I don't see anything spinning. What does it look like once you click the gray star?

Once the star is hit, It just says"tagging" and the cursor becomes a revolving circle that eventually disappears after a very long time.
##- Please type your reply above this

This email, including any attachments, is confidential. If you have received this email in error, please let me know and then delete it - do not read, use, or distribute it or its contents. This email does not designate an information system for the purposes of the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017.

If the star never fills gold and no error is reported, please open a TAC Case.  That's not an ok user experience.

helenal
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried different browsers? I had several problems solved at different DNAC versions by using another browser.. while not a perfect solution, it does work around the problem..

Alas, yes, tried a different browser but result is the same 

So the best plan of action is the following:

• Open a New Private window or Incognito window in browser
  • Access the Cisco DNA Center Admin UI
  • Go to Design / Image Repository
  • Select Device category (ie. Cisco Catalyst 9300 Switch)
  • Now you want to inspect the API calls from the browser. For Firefox, Tools / Browser Tools / Web Developer Tools
  • A browser debug window will open
  • Now, select the Star to tag the golden image
  • In the Browser Tool you will see a request

{{PROTOCOL}}://{{DNAC.IP.ADDRESS}}/api/v1/image/importation/golden

BODY
{"siteUuid":"-1","imageUuid":"95436b39-8811-426e-b4cf-8ad656c995e8","deviceRole":"ALL","deviceTypeOrdinalOrImageFamily":"286315874"}

RESPONSE
{"response":{"taskId":"d8a82a18-1858-4af2-bd43-0363e2186022","url":"/api/v1/task/d8a82a18-1858-4af2-bd43-0363e2186022"},"version":"1.0"}

Then you will see a request to get the TASK status

GET
{{PROTOCOL}}://{{DNAC.IP.ADDRESS}}/api/v1/task/d8a82a18-1858-4af2-bd43-0363e2186022

RESPONSE
{"response":{"version":1666285017988,"data":"Golden-Tagging","startTime":1666285017848,"progress":"Tagging image cat9k_iosxe.17.09.01.SPA.bin golden for site Global for family Cisco Catalyst 9300 Switch for device deviceTag ALL successful.","endTime":1666285017988,"serviceType":"NCSW","isError":false,"instanceTenantId":"5e47482a7a804700bf8be0ed","id":"d8a82a18-1858-4af2-bd43-0363e2186022"},"version":"1.0"}

NOTE: This is for a working example of tagging an image for Golden.

In your use case, this does not work. So after the tagging progress fails and returns to blank star, Click your right button on the Web Developer Tools page of output and select "Save all as har". Save the har file to your desktop\laptop.

• Now, Open a Cisco TAC Case and attach your screenshots & the har file to your TAC case.

Also provide the following when opening you Cisco TAC Case.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BASIC TEMPLATE FOR OPENING A CISCO TAC CASE ON CISCO DNA CENTER
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cisco DNA Center Version
Cisco DNA Center Hardware - (DN1/DN2 -L/XL)
Single Node or 3 Node Cluster
Network Device Version
Network Device Hardware (Stack?)
If WLC, HA Mode? (if applicable)

** Brief Description of Issue
** Provide Relevant Error Message or Screenshot of Issue
** What changed for this Issue to be seen?

This will help the Cisco TAC Engineer assist you in troubleshooting your issues.