cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst Center Integration with Pager Duty

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

We are trying to setup alerting to Pager Duty but not having any luck when performing the "Try it Now" feature.  Are there any specific debugs or logs to determine where the issue could be?

System is up to date, I have entered the url and key but nothing appears to be generated and nothing shows up in the Pager Duty console.

Please advise,

Joe

4 Replies 4

Torbjørn
Spotlight
Spotlight

Does it not give you any feedback at all in the UI when you press the button? Which browser are you using?

Happy to help! Please mark as helpful/solution if applicable.
Get in touch: https://torbjorn.dev

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

joeharb,

- What version of the Cisco Catalyst Center are you running?

So I just set this up to test the Event Notification using PAGERDUTY. I have never used PAGERDUTY before and setup a free trial to test. When I configured the Event Nofification on the Catalyst Center and performed the "Try it Now" test, I also did not see anything on PAGERDUTY for the test event. The Catalyst Center show a successful message as "PUBLISHED".

I then configured an EMAIL notification to send Event Notifications to PAGERDUTY and performed the "Try it Now" test. This worked and I see the Event Alert on my PAGERDUTY Service .

So, I had to actually read the PAGERDUTY documention and once I read the documentation and followed the steps, I could then get the integration to work. My original configuration did not work, since I was configuring other feature which was not the correct configuration.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 10.51.38 PM.png

- I would suggest that you test an an EMAIL notification to send Event Notifications to PAGERDUTY and performed the "Try it Now" test. See if this works. If so, communication from your Catalyst Center to PAGERDUTY is fine. Then go back your PAGERDUTY Service to see if you configured your Service correctly.

We are running Version 2.3.5.5-70026.

I am confused with the email notification...so your test was simply to generate an email that would create a incident within pager duty?

As you stated the GUI show that it was "Published" on the Try it Now feature.

Thanks,

Joe

You add email integration to your PAGERDUTY service and then there is a email that associated to that integration and you send email notification to PAGERDUTY service.

ie. default-service@servicename.pagerduty.com

In regards to "Published", we could have submitted the POST to PAGERDUTY and the request rejected. This would not be seen in the UI but in the logs.

My guess is that your service integration on PAGERDUTY may not be setup correctly.  If you want to Private Message me screenshots of your PAGERDUTY instance on the Catalyst Center and then screenshot of your PAGERDUTY Service configuration with details to keys... I can make sure it looks right...

If not, you can open a Cisco TAC Case and the TCE can review with you to make sure everything is configured correctly.