cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNA Center ISE integration 'error retrieving PSN nodes from PAN'

Navs1963
Level 1
Level 1

We are attempting to integrate DNAC v2.2.3.4 with ISE 3.0.0. During the server integration we're coming up against this error. 

Navs1963_0-1662549845665.png

I'm struggling to find any information around it. Has anyone come across this error during integration, or know where to look to troubleshoot it?

TIA.

7 Replies 7

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you checked out the Cisco DNA Center & ISE Management infrastructure deployment guide?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/cisco-dnac-ise-deploy-guide.html

Follow the steps provided in the document. If you still run into the same issue after following those steps, I would suggest opening a TAC case if you can to troubleshoot further. If you want to try and self-troubleshoot, you can view the network-design & pxgrid service logs in Cisco DNA Center using Kabana

Martin Grimm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Navs,

did you solve the problem? I am facing the same and checked all Deployment Guides, so TAC would be the next step.

Regards,

Martin

In our case we opened a TAC. It looked like we had a bug. The DNA Center did not return to service after a re-boot during troubleshooting (I can't recall why we rebooted it). So, we rebuilt it. It was rebuilt on the next software version, 2.2.3.6, and after it came up and was reconfigured ISE integrated straight away. We never truly found the root cause, but TAC believed we'd hit a bug.

Thanks for your answer, do you have any Bug-ID?
Regards Martin

Unfortunately, not. The DNA-C fell over before we could get to the bottom of it. We were up against a fairly aggressive timeline so, we had to get it back up and working to move forward. Management made the, understandable, call to move to the newer software version rather than rebuild on the same version and continue root cause. 

We solved it:
The GUI Error Message stated nothing about Certificate trust.
With TAC we used this command to generate a log and started the integration process again, to log whats going on.
magctl service logs -rf network-design | lql > /home/maglev/networkdesignlogs

In the Log there was this line:
| 751 | Caused by: com.cisco.apicem.commonsettings.service.exception.ISETrustException: PRIMARY Certificate is UNTRUSTED

So we imported all the CA Certificates from the PKI which signed the Admin Certs and all was good.
Cisco should update there documentation, because in the linked Deployment Guides there nothing about that trust.

Ah, yes. We were going down the cert route when it all fell over. However, we're using self-signed. I'll bear in mind what you found as we are about to move it to PKI.