Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center email integration

KevinR99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I've not looked at DNAC for a while but I previously set it up to send email notifications to my customer.  To set this up I went to

System -Settings - External Services - Destinations.

In there I could pick the email tab and it offered me the option to add

SMTP server address

port

Username

Password.

I could then sent a test email.

When I return to this DNAC a while later and I need to change the email settings I can't see anywhere to do so.  In the same area I am not offered the username and password options.  Maybe I need to delete the old email settings and create new ones but there is no option to delete what's already there.  I clear all the fields and try to save but it won't accept that.

The DNAC is now at 2.3.3.6 which is quite a difference from when I installed it.  So where can I add my email server credentials to integrate it with DNAC?

Thanks for any input, Kev.

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Try  navigating to the "Settings" tab within the Cisco DNAC web interface. Under the "Integration" sub-tab,(if available)  you should see an option to configure email settings. This is where you can enter the necessary information, such as the email server address, port, and credentials, to establish a connection between Cisco DNAC and your email server.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

There is a System - Settings - System Configuration - Integration settings area but that doesn't have any email settings in it.  There is no Integration area directly under system - settings.

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is the location of where to configure in 2.3.3.6.  I have also included an older technote of how to setup also.Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 8.34.09 AM.png

Also, A good tip when you cannot find something straight away, use the Global Search Tool. This is actually very helpful in finding things.

Global_Search_01.pngGlobal_Search_02.png

KevinR99
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Tomas

However, as I said in my initial post and you have confirmed in your screenshot there is no option to enter a username and password for the email server in the Destinations area.

Kev.

The email configuration options for username & password were configurable in early releases of the Cisco DNA Center but were not used. As a result, they were removed from the Cisco DNA Center UI.

CSCvy28145 - Remove username/password fields from Email configuration
https://bst.cisco.com/bugsearch
https://bst.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvy28145

Since then, some customers have requested this capability for the SMTP configuration. I believe it is on the roadmmap but I would recommend filling out the "make a wish" feedback from the Cisco DNA Center UI so that the Product Managers get your request.

Really?  The credentials were not used?  I find that hard to understand because as a test/PoC setup I directed our lab DNAC to an external email provider who required authentication.  If the username/password fields were not used I wouldn't have received any emails.  So now I can't do that and I need to "make a wish" for the feature that worked before to be re-instated?

I don't think it's an unusual requirement.  In fact on our ISE I just setup this very feature.

Kev.

Hi Kevin,

Fully agree with you. It's silly for Cisco to remove the the email server authentication feature.

Rgds

Eng Wee

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card