Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center on AWS

comurray
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 
I'm deploying DNA-C on AWS for a client and am running into some issues.  
Rather than connecting the AWS VPC back to an on-prem Firewall, we want to connect it to Prisma Access, so I'm setting up a Transit Gateway in AWS.  
When I step through the Pod creation wizard on the DNA Portal, the option for Existing TGW is greyed out.  
Anyone know why?

Has anyone deployed DNA-C on AWS successfully before?
Thx. 

10 Replies 10

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/dna-center-va/aws/deploy/b_cisco_dna_center_on_aws_deployment_guide/m_deploy_using_catalyst_center_va_launchpad_1_8.html
   >....If the connection from the TGW to your on-premises firewall or router isn't connected yet, it's grayed out:
   >...
   >...If your VPC is not attached to the TGW, the TGW connection is grayed out:

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks M.  I think, though, you're referring to the Connection Status.  I'm referring to the choice to select "VPN GW", "New VPN GW + New TGW" or "Existing TGW", as I showed in the screenshot I attached to the original query.  

Any ideas on that?

Thanks

dernucooper
Level 1
Level 1

I work for Cisco. Its a hardware platform only. There is no official guidance on why a virtualized version is not offered but i think that Bernard_schwartz might be pretty close to why.

It has been said they are working to virtualize it, although i do not believe it will be of the same caliber as the DNAC appliance. Time will tell

Hi, did you manage to deploy ?

I was trying to deploy a demo and I'm stuck with the manual install workflow...

comurray
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 
We were advised by TAC to use CloudFormation in AWS, as per this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT99Tsnyj_k.  That was successful. 

cgm
Level 1
Level 1

Great, thanks, manual marketplace deployment got me to a point in wich the web installer refused any configuration because of "too many IPs on an interface". Granted, I was flying blind because I found no document that stated the "correct" procedure. (web config was running on port 9004, but that was just an extrapolation of ESXi install)

Will try this. Thanks again.

cgm
Level 1
Level 1

Any chance you can share the CFN template ?

cgm
Level 1
Level 1

Too bad, I'm not buying a license to train myself, and the file is walled. Thanks anyway.