cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA. Generate CSR from GUI

dijix1990
VIP
VIP

I try to generate CSR through GUI - System setting -> System Certificates -> Generate new CSR, but I get error - "The common name does not contain a valid IP address or Domain Name" but maglev cluster network display shows that cluster_hostname the same common name

18 Replies 18

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience. It seems that even after specifying the IP address in the CN, I'm still encountering the same error. It’s frustrating when things break down, especially at step number 1!

A.Amor

https://itnet.lu

well, just the other day TAC was helping me renew the DNAC System cert using openssl and it threw errors when we imported the cert that my PKI has created for me. But I went to the bottom of the page and clicked the Submit/Apply button and it took.  DNAC logged me out and the webserver restarted.

It's hopelessly broken, but with openssl you should be able to force feed this into DNAC.

If not, open a TAC case. The more TAC cases they get, the more they will hopefully take notice and fix it. The TAC engineer sounded pretty frustrated with the BU's when they mentioned this to the developers. I asked for a bug ID but the TAC engineer could not provide one. I asked them to create a new one but I can't guarantee that this happened.   

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

And I don't have the time or inclination to raise yet another defect with TAC. I don't mind raising TAC cases for complex things (new or tricky features). But the bugs I encounter with DNAC and ISE these days are the result of bad programming skills and lack of testing. I don't see this with many other vendors.

Sylvain_Che
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

The related bug is CSCwi38152 - Certain top level domains rejected in CSR generator - error message unclear.  .

Issue is still present in 2.3.5.5. It should be fixed in 2.3.5.6 based on the bug-id.

Sylvain,