Helpful
Replies

DNA Webhook Destination and Webex Instance for Event Notifications

mjbright757
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

Issue 1:

I'm playing around with my first DNA in a lab environment before deciding to put into production and am currently working on Event Notifications for Assurance.  I understand that alerting into a Webex Teams Space is builtin now, but I can't seem to get it to work.  I've already created a Webex Bot and have been using it with Ansible and Netbox for notifications in Webex, but when testing it in DNA in the Event Catalog Try-It Now, but Status just shows LOADING for 5-10 minutes (or longer) before eventually failing and giving an Endpoint Timeout error (or something along that line).  Internet access works as I've already established connectivity into Cisco Smart Accounts and downloaded images for SWIM.  I've read through the User Guide as well as followed along the 2022 Cisco Live Seminar on Webex, Splunk and PagerDuty Integration.  So what am I missing?

Issue 2:

Is it not possible to delete a Webhook under Settings - External Services - Destinations?  As well as delete a Webex Instance created when setting up an Event Notification?  In my testing of trying to get Notifications to work, I've created new instances trying different urls, but now I don't see an option to delete them.  Nor do I see a delete option for the Webhooks.

As always, yall's assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

9 Replies 9

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I suggest you open a TAC case for these questions.  I also don't see a way to delete the webhooks from the GUI or via API.  

Marc0
Level 1
Level 1

Hello There

Im experiencing the same 2 issues as you and wonder if you have had any joy in resolving them.

Thanks

Marco

Hi Marc0,

What version DNAC are you using?  I was on version 2.3.3.3 at the time of this posting.  Per Preston's suggestion, I tried to open a TAC case but was unable to because it was a free appliance and we would need to purchase support.  I reached out to our Cisco Rep and he put me in touch with Cisco's Customer Success team.  Got on a Webex with a DNA subject matter expert and he looked into my issues (the ones above and the one from post DNA Center IP Access Control Issue - Cisco Community)  The IP ACL issue and the ability to delete webhooks and Webex Instances they are calling defects and opened a Bug Report for IP ACL and Feature Request for webhook and Webex deletion.

As far as the event notifications, we're summing that up as a defect as well.  Cisco confirmed that, despite my configuration being correct, the Try-It Now button should have worked.  I upgraded DNA to 2.3.3.5 and I started getting Event Notifications, but only for Resolved states and not Active, Try-it Now button still did not work.  I re-imaged the appliance (complete wipe and fresh install) with version 2.3.5 (this is not the suggested version, but the version Cisco performed all testing of my issues with) and now I'm getting all Event Notifications and the Try-It Now button works.  

So we're not sure if it was a defect/Bug in the 2.3.3.3 or 2.3.3.5 software or if it was an issue with the installation or something funky going on with the appliance, but a re-image to 2.3.5 fixed notifications.

Hi 

so I am on code 2.3.3.7. I am also thinking it’s a bug or a fault with my setup. But after hearing your updates it’s got to be a bug. Since reading this, funny enough I started to get alerts come through to my Webex space though like you they are all resolved notifications. 

I am planning to upgrade to 2.3.5 and hopefully it will be resolved.

Can I confirm if you had to change the interval sync time of your devices (default is 1440 minutes)? And did you have to enable any bundles under Dev section? 

Hey Marc0,

Yeah you're experiencing exactly what I was.  No adjustments or extra bundles necessary once on 2.3.5.  Good luck and let me know if the upgrade fixed it.  Since I was just in a proof of concept phase, with little configuration, I did a full re-image straight to 2.3.5.

Hi Mjbright757

Thanks for the feedback. Im hoping that I dont have to do a rebuild as my units are in full production. I gonna try the upgrade to 2.3.5 and see how we get on. 

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For Issue #2,

There is an enhancement requested but no timeline on when this would be available.

CSCvw85794 - [2.x.x.x] UX - User cannot DELETE or REMOVE configured Destinations for Webhook, Email, or Syslog

If you have a support contract and you had to delete a destination or instance, you could open a Cisco TAC Case and request help for manually deleting the entry from the database. For the "Destinations", you can simply edit the one that you want to delete and use it as the new entry.

For Issue #1,

I wrote a technote on this topic. attached.

Hi Tomas

Thank you for sharing this. I took a look at your file for Issue 1 and I have built this in the same way, and I'm receiving notifications for items that have been 'Resolved' but I'm getting them at random times. They don't seem to be received in real time. Is there an additional setting to force the event to be sent in real time?

When trying the below action to sent a test alert, it doesnt seem to work for me. 

Marc0_0-1689933863062.png

I just tested and it is working for me in real time.  I would open a Cisco TAC Case so that they can look at your issue.

Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 7.39.40 AM.png