Views
Helpful
Replies

Maglev cli

KevinR99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Has anything changed with DNAC and maglev commands?  I’ve not logged into the cli on our DNAC for some time and we have had several updates since.  We are at the latest version currently.  Yesterday I had an issue and wanted to run a tcpdump.  So I looked at my notes and got the commands

sudo tcpdump ……..

When I tried this it was an unrecognised command.  I’m certain I’ve run tcpdump before from the maglev cli.

Thanks, Kev

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

willwetherman
Spotlight
Spotlight

This will be caused by the restricted shell feature that is enabled by default in the later versions of DNA Center 

When you SSH to maglev, you need to enter command '_shell' to enter the bash shell to be able to run commands such as tcpdump.

You can disable and re-enable the restricted shell feature if required

To disable

_shell -c 'sudo magctl ssh shell bash' 

To re-enable

_shell -c 'sudo magctl ssh shell magshell' 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-3-3/admin_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_admin_guide_2_3_3/b_cisco_dna_center_admin_guide_2_3_3_chapter_010.html#Cisco_Task_in_List_GUI.dita_54088... 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If possible search for the command with Linux find , it may not be included in the PATH of the current user.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

willwetherman
Spotlight
Spotlight

This will be caused by the restricted shell feature that is enabled by default in the later versions of DNA Center 

When you SSH to maglev, you need to enter command '_shell' to enter the bash shell to be able to run commands such as tcpdump.

You can disable and re-enable the restricted shell feature if required

To disable

_shell -c 'sudo magctl ssh shell bash' 

To re-enable

_shell -c 'sudo magctl ssh shell magshell' 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-3-3/admin_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_admin_guide_2_3_3/b_cisco_dna_center_admin_guide_2_3_3_chapter_010.html#Cisco_Task_in_List_GUI.dita_54088... 

I was a little fast and typed only:
_shell

Now DNAC want to know the Challenge / Response Token. How can a clear that state?

$ _shell -c 'sudo magctl ssh shell magshell' 

A challenge is already in progress with state CT_STATE_RESP_WAIT
VunL3QAAAQUBAAQAAA.....
Please provide the consent token via [_shell -v] command for bash shell-access

Regards,

Martin

Martin, you need to get onto TAC for a token.

Check the admin guide.

PabMar_0-1689602079744.png

Hope that helps.

Regards.

Hey @Martin Grimm , i stumpled about the same issue. Were you able to solve it?

Hi Cedric, yes you need a TAC Case, for that.

KevinR99
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you.  That worked.