cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Skipping application upgrade in DNAC

RahmaSallm
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone ever skipped application upgrade after system upgrade during a DNA upgrade and went directly to the next system and ended up with  re-image situation?

I know that you shouldn't skip such a step. It was a mistake. But is there any documentation that warns against that and how serious effect it might have?

I'm asking this because right after you upgrade DNA system you get an active button to upgrade directly to the next system version and it's right on top of the application upgrade button (check the attached image). Why would that button be there if it causes more harm than good? Can't find any relevant documentation

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Parthiv Shah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi 

Thanks for reaching out using community question. This is very valid point and good observation. We have Cisco DNAC upgrade best practice guide but looks like it might be missing. I’ll check other documentation to confirm whether it is documented or not but in any case we will get it updated @ https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/upgrade/b_cisco_dna_center_upgrade_guide/introduction.html

Also, we will explore the option if we can notify in Cisco DNAC UI.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

suggest to contact TAC, they may offer better suitable answer and fix.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Parthiv Shah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi 

Thanks for reaching out using community question. This is very valid point and good observation. We have Cisco DNAC upgrade best practice guide but looks like it might be missing. I’ll check other documentation to confirm whether it is documented or not but in any case we will get it updated @ https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/upgrade/b_cisco_dna_center_upgrade_guide/introduction.html

Also, we will explore the option if we can notify in Cisco DNAC UI.

Thanks

Notifying in  UI would be great because it is very confusing when the next step is to upgrade the applications but you get a big highlighted banner with an active button to switch directly to the next system upgrade. I don't think that that banner does any good being there. If it is necessary then at least let it show up after the application upgrade.