cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't get SSH access to new CSR 1000v instances in AWS

keith.johnson
Level 1
Level 1

I've tried several times to spin up a CSR 1000v instance with existing key pairs and new key pairs and I haven't been able to get SSH access using several different terminal applications. The built in Java MindTerm gets stuck at BubbleBabble, PuTTY returns Server refused our key, and MobaXterm requests a password. I'm having the same problem whether creating an AX package or Security package instance.

1 Reply 1

k.sadowski1
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know if you are still having this issue, I'm going over some older posts and came across this one.

I had a similar issue a while back where I couldn't get into my instance either. After many days of frustration, I finally figured out it had to do with the name of the AWS Key being used. I think it either had to do with the space or special character "(" in the name itself. The key I was trying to use was "Servers (us-east)". Once I created a new key and named it "cisco", everything started working. This required me to create a new instance of the CSR but things worked much better after that.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: