Views
Helpful
Replies

What if Intersight down?

NeoChen722593
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am a newcomer to Intersight. I have installed a PAV version of Intersight in my environment,

which is connected to FI 6454 and UCSX.

Would it affect the network and operation of UCSX if Intersight down or crashes?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The data plane would continue to function if the appliance is unavailable.  With Intersight Managed Mode there is also a very basic device console if you SSH or open a web browser to the fabric interconnect IP's you can use that to KVM into the individual servers/power off on/generate support logs while the appliance is down.

Any configuration changes like adding new vnics and vlans would have to wait till the appliance accessibility was restored

There is also a multi-node appliance in tech preview which would alleviate some of the HA concerns.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The data plane would continue to function if the appliance is unavailable.  With Intersight Managed Mode there is also a very basic device console if you SSH or open a web browser to the fabric interconnect IP's you can use that to KVM into the individual servers/power off on/generate support logs while the appliance is down.

Any configuration changes like adding new vnics and vlans would have to wait till the appliance accessibility was restored

There is also a multi-node appliance in tech preview which would alleviate some of the HA concerns.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card