Views
Helpful
Replies

Feature request extended desktop

MJonkers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We would like to use proximity with extended desktop. So that the presentor can take notes on his screen en present on the proximity screen. Is that possible? 

Regards Marc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I fully agree with you and need to plug in the HDMI sometimes, myself. 

However; there are no plans to implement this in Cisco Proximity.
For Spark, I'm pushing on this feature, but it is complex to solve across all platforms.

I know Clickshare (alternative HW-supported solution for wireless sharing) has it working, but *only* on Windows 7 for now. That makes me think it either isn't used much, or that it is technically tricky to do on Mac & Windows 10.

Best regards,
Henrik

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are many technical difficulties in providing such a feature, and we do not intend to work towords providing this functionality in the immediate future.

Any update on this request? This is a blocking point for our users moving to wireless sharing full time.  We plug our laptops into the endpoints specifically to use the extended screen feature.

I fully agree with you and need to plug in the HDMI sometimes, myself. 

However; there are no plans to implement this in Cisco Proximity.
For Spark, I'm pushing on this feature, but it is complex to solve across all platforms.

I know Clickshare (alternative HW-supported solution for wireless sharing) has it working, but *only* on Windows 7 for now. That makes me think it either isn't used much, or that it is technically tricky to do on Mac & Windows 10.

Best regards,
Henrik