Views
Helpful
Replies

Proximity not installing on Win7 x64, error 1720

azoccora
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Proximity was not updating so i removed the old version.

Now latest package does not install:

Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.  Custom action ReuseInstallContext script error -2147467259, Msi API Error: ProductInfo,Product,Attribute Line 16, Column 3,

this is all i get in the log and in the popup message, then it closes. Even enabling verbose msiexec logging i still get this one and error 2868 informational error about tahoma font.

What is the script issue about?

Thank you,
Ale

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Strange, have never had reports about similar issues in the past. You may have some sort of corruption in the registry or file system. Please try this Microsoft tool first:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

If that fails, please try this:

• Download the most recent Proximity.msi to your Downloads folder.
  • Open a command line window (e.g. hit Windows button, enter "cmd")
  • Go to your Downloads folder ("cd Downloads")
  • Install Proximity using this command:
    • msiexec /i Proximity.msi /l*vx! install.log /qb! MSIINSTALLPERUSER=1 ALLUSERS=2

Then, if the install fails, please send us the resulting install.log!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Strange, have never had reports about similar issues in the past. You may have some sort of corruption in the registry or file system. Please try this Microsoft tool first:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

If that fails, please try this:

• Download the most recent Proximity.msi to your Downloads folder.
  • Open a command line window (e.g. hit Windows button, enter "cmd")
  • Go to your Downloads folder ("cd Downloads")
  • Install Proximity using this command:
    • msiexec /i Proximity.msi /l*vx! install.log /qb! MSIINSTALLPERUSER=1 ALLUSERS=2

Then, if the install fails, please send us the resulting install.log!

Hi Morten,

- the MSFT fix-it corrected some registry keys but then install did not change a bit

- but then your msiexec extended command line did it! I guess the key were the last dual package selection switches...Not sure why it went through, though.

Let me know if you want the log file offline.

Thank you!
Ale

Strange. Good that you resolved the issue, but if your install succeeded the log will not be useful in debugging this. I will try to reproduce at a later time, thank you for reporting your issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: