cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proximity Roadmap

Haroun Dass
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Anyone has any roadmap info on Proximity? I have a use case that is currently not supported and was wondering if it will be on the roadmap or if we can provide some feedback to the PM.

Regards

Haroun Dass

8 Replies 8

Henrik Bakken
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

High level roadmap is to offer Windows & Mac clients as part of the CE8 release, allowing wireless desktop share.

We will continue with stability improvements across the four clients and working towards feature parity between mobile and desktop. 

What is the usecase you want supported?

Br
Henrik

TC 7.3.4 just released but no sign of CE8 or the long-awaited support for Proximity.

Stay tuned - sorry about the delay, we're doing final polish. The goal is still to get CE8 (and with that, Proximity) out the door this calendar year.

Hi Henrik,

a very important feature would be something like the Annotate feature of the TX-Series endpoints included in the Proximity app would really help in the discussions agains Lync based video endpoints.

It would also help to close the feature gap between the different Cisco endpoints.

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

I totally agree with you (+5 for that!!!) ... an 'Annotate' is a very important feature that should be included in CE8.0.

Regards

Henrik, I had a customer mtg today using Proximity from my Windows 7 Lenovo to present my PPT. It was an truly incredible experience; seamless and provided a real 'wow' moment for the customer participants. I demoed the Android and iPhone clients as well.... so well done!

Any chance there will be audio capabilities in the future? as well as higher bandwidth? If for example I want to share a video from my laptop to the TP screen, currently there is no audio and the video is quite choppy/jumpy...

Thanks,

Oren

LordOfThePings
Level 1
Level 1

Can 32-bit support please be added to the road-map?

Matt

I'm sorry, current priorities do not include a 32-bit release.