cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus 931080YC-EX 32bit to 64bit

Jeff Horton
Level 1
Level 1

We have two Cisco Nexus 931080YC-EX (I believe they are EX but can't remember at this moment). They are running the NXOS for 32 bit. I have just upgraded them to nxos.10.1.2.bin.

Is there a way to convert these switches to 64 bit or am I stuck for ever on this nxos version?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

as i mentioned before some model do not support that architecture(example your model as per i know do not support) , so you need to have model which can support both 32 and 64bit.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

Jeff Horton
Level 1
Level 1

thank you to Cisco TAC Andres David Pinilla Garcia >>

I just reviewed our upgrade matrix and the jump you are trying to do is not supported:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/dcn/tools/nexus-9k3k-issu-matrix/index.html#cur=10.2(1)F&tar=10.3(2)F

10.2(1)F → 10.2(5)M → 10.3(2)F

This means that in order for you to upgrade to 10.3(2)F you need to go to 10.2(5)M first.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can go upto 10.3(2)(f)

But stable suggested version is 10.2(4)(M)

read the release notes :

Cisco Nexus 9000 Series NX-OS Release Notes, Release 10.2(5)M - Cisco

Also, read this EOL statement:

End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco N9K-C93180YC-EX and Cisco N9K-C93108TC-EX - Cisco

BB

My switches do not recognize the nxos64 images. Is there a way to convert the nexus switch from nxos to nxos64 images?

Cisco switches not like a White box, they build the OS based on the architecture.

you can not load and install what ever the image you wish to install.

nxos64 images  << not sure what image is this, you need to provide more information and evidence of your installation steps ?

post show version also

BB

I am currently running image nxos.10.1.2.bin. The next image for the Cisco Nexus 931080YC-FX (Not EX model) is nxos64.10.2.1.F.bin. It does not recognize the image. How do I get this switch to recognize the image?

For any one check this post later 

For 32-bit or 64-bit image support on respective platforms, see the following documents:

as i mentioned before some model do not support that architecture(example your model as per i know do not support) , so you need to have model which can support both 32 and 64bit.

BB

Just noticed that model number is wrong. Actual model is N9K-C93180YC-FX.

Friend just check link I share above 

Thanks

MHM

Jeff Horton
Level 1
Level 1

thank you to Cisco TAC Andres David Pinilla Garcia >>

I just reviewed our upgrade matrix and the jump you are trying to do is not supported:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/dcn/tools/nexus-9k3k-issu-matrix/index.html#cur=10.2(1)F&tar=10.3(2)F

10.2(1)F → 10.2(5)M → 10.3(2)F

This means that in order for you to upgrade to 10.3(2)F you need to go to 10.2(5)M first.

Sorry can you more elaborate' you meaning platform support nx-os 64 but you can not upgrade directly?